Our Facilities Rental Information
We are proud to operate and maintain several of Bezanson’s finest facilities. Bezanson’s Knelsen Community Event Centre includes the Bezanson Memorial Hall, the multi-purpose Buffalo Gravel Gym, and the Foyer. The beautiful grounds offer a gazebo, and includes an outdoor horse-riding arena, a ball diamond located in the hamlet of Bezanson as well as room for camping for patrons of the facilities.
Click on each bubble for pictures.
Contact us at 780-538-3544 or email email@example.com
Add-on to any Rental
|Wine Glasses||$1 Per Glass|
|Plates and Cutlery||$1 Per Setting|
|50 Ft x 7-12 Ft Pipe and Drape||$150|
|50 Ft x 6 Ft Pipe and Drape||$100|
|Tables Round/Rectangle||Included in rental|
|Chairs||Included in rental|
Food, Beverage & Tariffs for Music at Events
- All Food & Beverage served must be provided by Bezanson Agricultural Society’s In-House Caterer or by an
Approved caterer by the Society as per Alberta Health Services Guidelines. The only exception being wedding
and special occasion cakes. Appropriate insurance and food handling certificate are required and must be
presented to the Society management.
- A final guaranteed number of guests for each event will be required as per the Caterer’s guidelines prior to
- The Caterer is responsible for leaving the kitchen clean.
Buffalo Gravel Gym:
- The Bezanson Agricultural Society is responsible for all beverage sales and service in accordance with the
Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission in the Buffalo Gravel Gym and will supply alcoholic beverages.
- No alcoholic beverage of any kind is allowed to be brought into the Bezanson Knelsen Centre including the lobby, Buffalo Gravel Gym areas for sale or consumption other than through the Bezanson Agricultural Society. The renter acknowledges that homemade wine, beer and/or liquor are not permitted to be stored, consumed or displayed in the Centre and will not be served or made available to guests and/or visitors. As per AGLC regulations, Bring Your Own Bottle is prohibited.
- Only disposable wares are used for a licensed event. Glass service is available at an extra charge.
- Juice and soft drinks are always available as non-alcoholic beverages for all licensed events.
- All menu prices and bar charges are subject to change without notice to reflect current market conditions.
- Bar will close at 1 a.m. with consumption to 2 a.m. unless approved by Society’s management.
Memorial Hall & Foyer:
- Renters are responsible for all beverage sales and service in accordance with the Alberta Gaming and Liquor
Commission in the Memorial Hall and Foyer (if rented).
- Renters Must purchase the appropriate liquor license for ALL the days that liquor will be on the premises and a
copy given to the Society Manager.
- Juice and soft drinks are always available as non-alcoholic beverages for all licensed events.
Buffalo Gravel Gym: Hosted by the Bezanson Agricultural Society
Host Bar: The Renter pays for all drinks consumed by invited guests. Bezanson Agricultural Society’s staff will keep
track of the number of drinks consumed and the Renter will be invoiced afterwards according to the beverage
consumption. Minimum bar purchases of $500 are required or a bartender fee of $25 per hour will apply (minimum 2
Cash Bar: Guests are required to pay for their own beverages individually on a cash basis paying the bartender.
Minimum bar purchases of $500 are required or a bartender fee of $25 per hour will apply.
Toonie Bar: Invited guests are required to pay $2 for each beverage on a cash basis to the bartender. And additional cost
per drink will be invoiced to the Renter following the end of the event. Minimum bar purchases of $500 are required or a
bartender fee of $25 per hour will apply
House Brands, Coolers, Domestic Beer: Prices per Drink $6.
Premium Brands: Prices per Drink $7
Softdrinks, Milk & Juice, Bottled Water: $2
House Wine Brands: $25 per bottle
Coffee: 100 cup urn: $75
Water: Jug: $10
Note: Not all caterers supply coffee, punch and water.
Tariffs for Music
All events with musical entertainment, live or recorded, are subject to both SOCAN and Re-Sound charges as listed. The fees collected by these two agencies are mandatory licensing fees as per an agreement with the Federal government and/or distributed as royalties to the original artists and do not represent any revenue to the Bezanson Agricultural Society. These fees will be applied to the final invoice.
|Capacity||Without Dancing||With Dancing|
|101 – 300||$31.72 plus tax||$63.49 plus tax|
|301 – 400||$66.19 plus tax||$132.39 plus tax|
|Capacity||Without Dancing||With Dancing|
|101 – 300||$13.30 plus tax||$26.63 plus tax|
|301 – 400||$27.76 plus tax||$55.52 plus tax|
Insurance/Permits/Terms & Conditions
Insurance Coverage and Waiver
- Host Liquor Liability Insurance: In the event the Function is to serve liquor, it is the responsibility of the Renter, at its sole cost and expense, to arrange for and ensure that a Host Liquor Liability Insurance Certificate or PAL in the same name as the Renter has been arranged for and received by the Owner before the Function. The Renter agrees that the insurance policy referred to herein will name the Bezanson Agricultural Society as additional insured for Two Million ($2,000,000) on the said policy as their interest may appear.
- Host Liquor Liability Insurance (Weekend Rentals): If you have more than one day rental and liquor will be consumed in the hall and/or on Bezanson Community Centre property, while decorating, gift opening, and so forth, Host Liquor Liability insurance coverage is still necessary for EACH day of the booking. This Insurance program is also available at fpb.ca (Bezanson Agricultural Society’s Insurance provider). All policies will contain an undertaking by the insurers to notify the Owner, in writing, of any material change, cancellation or termination of any provision of any policy, not less than thirty (30) days prior to the material change, cancellation or termination thereof.
- Non-Alcohol Large Event: In the event the Function does not serve liquor but is hosting a weekend event or an event over 75 people, it is the responsibility of the Renter, at its sole cost and expense, to arrange for and ensure that Facility Rental Insurance Certificate in the same name as the Renter has been arranged for and received by the Owner prior to the Function. The Renter agrees that the insurance policy referred to herein will name the Bezanson Agricultural Society as additional insured for Two Million (2,000,000) on the said policy as their interest may appear.
- It is agreed by the Renter that it shall sign and provide to the Owner at the time of execution of this Agreement, an Acknowledgement and Waiver.
- Liquor Licenses are mandatory if any Renter/User Group has liquor on the premises and may be purchased online at aglc.ca. A copy is to be retained by the Bezanson Agricultural Society.
Special Event Permit: In Alberta, you need a special event license (SEL) to sell or provide liquor
- Private events: open to invited guests or members only.
• You will need a private non-sale SEL license
• The fee for this license is $10
• You can apply online using the AGLC Special Event Liquor License online
- Private events: If your event is open to invited guests or members only and guests will be
paying for either admission or liquor service:
• You will need a private resale SEL license
• The fee for this license is $25
• If you are an individual, not-for-profit group or municipality, you can apply online
using the AGLC Special Event Liquor License online application
- Public events: open to anyone
Public events include any event open to the public, such as beer gardens, festivals, theatre productions, or food and wine fairs. For these events, you need a public special event license (SEL). Public Functions are defined by AGLC as any function that is advertised to the public in any format. These functions must obtain a Special Events License and may require 6 – 8 weeks to obtain depending on the type of event and the number of attendees. Further information and application are available at aglc.ca
Public SEL can be either
• Community: hosted by non-profit groups or municipalities
• Commercial: hosted by businesses or individuals for commercial purposes
• To apply, download the appropriate application (community, commercial, or auction) and
return the application to AGLC Liquor/Cannabis Licensing.
Bezanson Agricultural Society (“Owner”) Rental Terms and Conditions
- Rights and Responsibilities of Renter: The Renter agreed to use the Facility only for the Function as indicated, during the agreed upon Rental Period and The Rental Agreement may not be assigned, in whole or in part, by the Renter without the express written authorization of the Owner.
- The Renter must be a minimum of 18 years of age to book any facility of the Owner and the Renter is responsible for communicating terms and conditions to all participants as well as ensuring that adult supervision is provided during the entire length of the booking.
- The Renter acknowledges that the Bezanson Agricultural Society Facilities and grounds are privately owned and operated by the Bezanson Agricultural Society, by its volunteer members through its elected Executives and Board of Directors. Any consent, approvals or changes in terms, conditions, permission for use, availability, rental rates, additional charges or additional fees, or termination of the Agreement are the exclusive right of the Bezanson Agricultural Society within its direction, bylaws or governing Agreements at its sole discretion and option. The Renter shall comply with all municipal, provincial and federal laws, regulations and bylaws, and will obtain at its own expense any and all insurance, permits, licenses, and approvals.
- The Renter will not permit any damage to the Facility and will leave the premises in the same condition or substantially the same condition as when the Renter entered the Facility for the Function.
- Rights and Responsibilities of the Owner: During the Function, the Owner will permit the Renter to use the Facility for permitted activities and for no other purpose whatsoever, subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein. The Owner will retain control of the Facility and the Owner will not unreasonably interfere with the Renter’s use and enjoyment of the Facility. The Facility will be available to the Renter’s agents, servants, employees and invitees in accordance with the policies of the Owner relating to such use.
- In the event the Renter undertakes or permits any activity within the Facility or the Facility Grounds, which activities may be a nuisance or cause property damage or may cause personal injury, or in the event the Renter is in default of any of the terms and conditions herein, the Owner may terminate this Agreement forthwith immediately. The Owner will permit and conduct only lawful and publicly acceptable activities as determined by the Society, County bylaw, rules, regulations and policies of health, fire or other municipal office, agencies, departments, the Alberta Liquor Control Board and/or local police department.
- In the event the Damage Deposit received is not sufficient to provide or pay for repairs, liabilities or replacements, as required due to abuse, damage or destruction as a result of Renters use, loss or abuse of any of Bezanson Agricultural Society property, the Society at its sole direction, option and using trades of its selection, shall receive quotations or estimates for such damage repairs from such approved trades. The Renter must pay for all damage to the Owner’s property including furnishings, however caused, arising out of or during the use under this contract. Any repairs or damages shall be administered and directed by the Society. Future rental contracts will not be considered for any user that has an outstanding account with the Owner.
- The Renter is fully responsible for any and all costs, losses, loss of future revenue incurred as a result of damage, non-availability to other third parties and excess cleaning fees related to the event, however caused and by whomever, whether invited as a guest or uninvited as a visitor and whether with the permission of the Renter. Should any pre-existing damage exist, the Renter shall be responsible to report such damage to the Society representative as soon as it is discovered. The reporting of any pre-existing damage does not replace or lessen the responsibility or obligation to report any further damage or to minimize or mitigate such damage.
- The Renter shall make themselves aware of the nearest emergency exits.
- The Owner, its directors, officers and agents will not be held responsible or liable for any theft, loss or damage of property of the Renter left on the premises during and after the event, its agents, employees, servants or invitees, however so caused.
- Alcohol consumption is allowed on the premises only in compliance with AGLC regulations and with proof of liquor permit and Host Liquor Liability insurance prior to the function. A copy of the permit must be submitted to the facility prior to the function and must be posted during the function. Alcohol may be consumed within the contracted rented area only.
- If the Renter does not vacate the Society’s premises by the time defined in the Agreement, the Society by its authorized agent, or its authorized party which shall be deemed to include any Federal, Provincial or County Law Enforcement Agency or the County Fire Chief or its officers, reserves the right, privilege and without prejudice to order verbally or in writing that the property be vacated. In the event the premises are not vacated as per the Agreement, a penalty of Five Hundred ($500.00) Dollars shall be charged, accessed and or deducted from the Damage Deposit or invoiced as a receivable pursuant to this Agreement and subject to collection.
- Smoking is prohibited in Owner facilities. Smoking of tobacco is allowed on the grounds in the provided receptacles to dispose of cigarettes.
- No illegal drugs or cannabis products allowed on Bezanson Agricultural Society premises. This is private property.
- No animals are allowed in any of the Owner facilities. The exception may be Service animals (Identification Card must be provided).
- Security: Events where anticipated attendance exceeds 300 people or where alcohol is available may require additional security services. The need will be assessed by Management and will include an additional charge. All security services will be provided by the Owner. In the event of youth or underage events, additional security may be required. The Renter will provide adequate chaperones for the youth event with prior authorization from the Owner.
- Decorations: The facility and facility grounds must be left cleaned up at the end of the contract date. All decorations, supplies and equipment and/or debris must be removed at the conclusion of the event.
- Display material, banners, promotional signs, etc. shall not be attached in any way to the building structure, including walls, ceiling, electrical fixtures, etc.
- Latex and/or helium balloons are prohibited unless special written permission is granted by Owner Management.
- Tables and chairs cleaned, wiped, dried & put away in designated storage area
- All garbage cans must be emptied and garbage put in the dumpster.
- Memorial Hall: The renter will be responsible for cleaning the kitchen and putting away all dishes, pots & pans and utensils. Minimum 2-hour cleaning fee will be deducted from Damage Deposit if not in compliance.
- Due to fire regulations, hay/straw bales are not to be used within the facility.
- All decorations must meet fire regulations. Candles with open flame are not permitted. Candles in an enclosed container (ie/votive) are acceptable if the tip of the flame is minimum one inch below the lip of the container or as County of Grande Prairie Fire regulations.
- No confetti or confetti-like substances allowed in the Bezanson Agricultural Society facilities. Cleanup charges will apply if they are used.
- No fireworks permitted.
- Outdoor fires are only permitted in designated camping areas with portable fire pits and if there is no fire ban. Bezanson Agricultural Society will carry the fire permit.
- Contracted Services: The Renter shall be directed to work with a preferred facility contractor whenever possible. The Renter is responsible for all costs associated with the use of the contractor. Contracted services include but are not limited to Lighting, Electrical, Internet, Computer, Satellite, Catering and Food Services, Decorating, Audio Visual and Show contractors. Written permission to work with any contracted service is required 120 prior to the facility rental date.
- Ticket Sales: The Renter is responsible for acquiring all licenses required for the sale of admission tickets at an event. Written approval must be obtained from the Owner for any admission charges.
- Sponsorship and Signage displays must have written approval from the Owner. Any signage/displays must remain in the area of the event and cannot cover any existing sponsorship due to Owner sponsorship agreements. Renter may not use the Owner logo for promotions and advertising without prior written permission from the Owner.
- The Renter will, at all times, indemnify and save harmless the Owner, and its directors, officers and agents, from and against all actions, claims, demands, suits, proceedings, damages, costs (including without restricting the generality of the foregoing, legal costs on a solicitor/client basis), and any further associated expenses that have been brought, made or incurred by or against the Owner, and its directors, officers and agents, by reason of, or arising out of, or in any way related to the Facility by the Renter, its agents, employees, invitees or contractors except where the action, claim, demand, cost or expense was caused by intentional acts or gross negligence of the Renter.