River Stone is a unique 9 hole course located in the hamlet of Teepee Creek, AB (20 min north of Bezanson). It has 1000 vertical foot drop overall and one of the longest par 5 holes in Canada! River Stone also offers spacious camping areas, seasonal sites, a group cabin area for larger events, and Boat Rentals.
Simonette River PRA
Simonette River Provincial Recreation Area (PRA) is located east of Bezanson, 10 kilometres south of Highway 43 on the Forestry Trunk Road. It is a popular camping and day use area, with its main attraction being the large sandy beach with access to Simonette River for water-based recreational activities.
The outdoor skating rink, located next to the Bezanson school, was completed in 2016 to be enjoyed by both the school students and members of the Bezanson community. During the winter months, the rink is flooded by the Bezanson Recreational Society, and during the summer months the rink can be used for ball hockey, skateboarding, etc.
The skating rink is a community project and is to be taken care of by the community. We need your support to keep this facility clean, safe, and in good repair. Please help us maintain this facility observing the following guidelines:
- School students are given priority access between 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. Public members of Bezanson community are free to use the facility outside of those hours.
- No alcohol is to be consumed on the premises at any time!
- Helmets are strongly recommended.
- Please keep the gates and doors closed when not in use.
- No drinks or food on the ice surface or boards.
- If the garbage’s are full, please take it out to the dumpster located nearby.
Frequently Asked Questions
“How do the lights work?”
The lights are on a timer system and will run for approximately 90 minutes. The timer buttons are located on the east end of the rink, and also near the skate shack.